There are 37 books on this shelf. 39 if you count the 3-1 book near the end.
- Two from Galilee: The Story of Mary & Joseph [Marjorie Holmes] – I actually really enjoyed this book. It has been a long while since I’ve read it though.
- RoseBlood [A.G. Howard] – I haven’t read this one yet, but I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera. I am kind of worried about this one though, because I didn’t care for the Splintered series.
- Wintersong [S. Jae-Jones] – I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK! SO FREAKING MUCH, ITS SO GOOD. IF YOU HAVEN’T READ IT, YOU NEED TOOOOOO! I am super excited about the sequel, which I just found out is called Shadowsong!! I need for it to be a SEQUEL. I’ve heard its apart of the same world, and IG people have SAID it is a sequel, but I haven’t actually seen it.
- Fifty Shades of Grey [E.L. James] – I know people are tired of these books…I devoured all three when I first read them….I can’t really say I care too much for them now [I didn’t even finish reread them], but they definitely don’t bug me. The movie was laughable…..I watched it with my husband and it could have been a comedy with how much we laughed.
- Fifty Shades Darker [E.L. James] – I liked this one more than the first book. The nonsense was in the first book but doesn’t make much of an appearance after that. The 2nd movie was a WHOLE lot better.
- Fifty Shades Freed [E.L. James] – I don’t remember much about this book except that I thought it was super dramatic. I will definitely see the movie because unless I totally hate it, I try to finish series.
- Gilded Cage [Vic James] – I honestly have no idea what this book is about. All I know is that people seemed to like it and one of my friends told me to buy it. IDK when I will get to it, but hopefully it is sooner rather than later.
- Pursuit for Lucidity [Marie Jem] – I believe this was a giveaway win….I haven’t read it yet, I heard some negative reviews so I kind of lost interest.
- Sixty Acres and a Bride [Regina Jennings] – I had this sitting on my shelf for a while before I finally picked it up. Before I started rereading favorites to get out of reading slumps, I’d pick up on of the books my grandmother gave me. They are pretty easy reads, and have no real important story plot. Well, I read this and I actually liked it quite a bit. I thought about buying other books by this author, but I stopped reading Christian Fiction at some point, and just never really got back into it.
- The Kommandants Girl [Pam Jenoff] – up until about a month ago, I actually had 2 copies of this book…but I gave one copy to Alaskanbookventures when we got together last because she likes WWII [non/fiction] too! She has already read it, and enjoyed it, I have yet to read it….but I think I might soon.
- Stolen Songbird [Danielle Jensen] – looooooove love love this book! I’ve read it three times over the past few years. It really is so good! so if you haven’t read it yet, you should!
- Hidden Huntress [“] – so, the people who introduced me to book one got ARC’s of this one way back when…and they didn’t like this one, so then when I went to read it, I had all the negativity surrounding their opinions going in….so I actually did not love this one as much as I probably would have if they had just kept their mouths shut when talking to me about it. I hope to reread both one and two before reading book three.
- Warrior Witch [“] – super excited to read this one! I love this world, I love the covers, I love these names! I miss Tristan, so I might jump into these sooner rather than later.
- The Name of the Star [Maureen Johnson] – All I know about this book is that I like the cover and I believe it has something to do with Jack the Ripper.
- The Immortal Rules [Julie Kagawa] – haven’t read it. No idea when I will.
- Illuminae [Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman] – THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME. I avoided it forever….and only ended up buying it because it was a pick for a reading challenge I did last year…..I didn’t like the layout, I didn’t like how everyone was going crazy over it…..but then I read it and it really is so good!
- Gemina [“] – I didn’t go out and buy this right away…but I did read it soon after I bought it…usually books go sitting forever on my shelves, no matter HOW excited I am to read them [case in point, warrior witch]. Love this one almost as much as I loved the first one, and I am really looking forward to Obsidio!
- Phantom [Susan Kay] – I don’t remember who told me to read it, but its another Phantom of the Opera take, so of course I bought it. Sadly, its another book thats sat on my shelves for far too long unopened.
- The Daughters of Mars [Thomas Kenneally] – All I know is it is the same author of Schindler’s List. Hope to read it at some point, but IDK when.
- The Briar King [Greg Keyes] – This sounded interesting to me when I stumbled upon it years ago, but I don’t have any clue if I will actually ever read it.
- All Together in One Place [Jane Kirkpatrick] – One of my sisters in law gave me their copy to borrow a long time ago. It is, if I remember correctly, part of a trilogy. I read all three and liked them a lot [from what I can remember]…I found this one in a book sale when I was building up my library a few years ago and decided to get it. Haven’t found the others, but I haven’t actively been looking.
- The Apothecary’s Daughter [Julie Klassen] – I’ve read a couple Klassen books, but this isn’t one of them. I must have bought it sometime before I took a step back from that genre.
- Breathless [Dean Koontz] – When I moved into a place with my husband [shortly after we got engaged], he brought with him a collection of Koontz books. Although I have read ONE Koontz book, I’ve not read this one, or any of the other ones I am about to name.
- Watchers [“]
- Sole Survivor [“]
- Dragon Tears [“] – my husband says this is his favorite…I told myself I’d read it just because he said that [my husband is not a reader], but I never got around to it…..I say that a lot. Maybe I should stop buying so many books, haha.
- Velocity [“]
- False Memory [“] – My friend Erin says that I should read this…..and then she remembers I don’t like scary books, and she changes her mind……but then changes it again saying I need to read it so I can be as freaked out as she was, haha.
- Twilight Eyes [“]
- The Historian [Elizabeth Kostova] – this is probably one of my top 10 favorites in my library. I love this book and I really need to make time to reread it!
- The Swan Thieves [“] – as much as I say I love certain authors, I tend to be wary of reading another book after I have loved one so much. I find that in most cases, authors [for my taste], seem to be one hit wonders….So, I’ve had this one, but I haven’t read it….ALTHOUGH, Kostova just released a new book and I am actually excited about that one.
- Girl in Translation [Jean Kwok] – I featured this one on IG a month or so ago…it DOES sound very interesting, but I am honestly not sure I will ever read it. Although it sounds interesting, I doubt it is something I’d enjoy.
- Roses Pledge [Sally Laity] – Meh, I doubt I will keep this one. It isn’t even a book that I remember I have, ever.
- Hood [Stephen Lawhead] – another book I featured on IG recently. This is a different take on the story of….you guessed it! Robin Hood! I forgot I had this one until I used it for tags, It does look interesting, so I might make a point to add it to my 2018 reading challenge if I don’t get to it this year.
- A Wrinkle in Time [Madeleine L’engle] – oh, this book. I don’t remember how old I was when my mother gave it to me, but I’ve loved it ever since. It was well loved before it was mine, and it’s so well loved now that I have to buy a new copy if I want to read it again, haha.
- Amish Country Crossroads [Beverly Lewis] – another 3-1 book that my grandmother gave me. I used to have a lot more Lewis, but I’ve gotten rid of them over the years.
- Comes a Horseman [Robert Liparulo] – I watched a moved about some kids who thought they were the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse…..it was intriguing. I found this book shortly after and I thought the cover was disturbing, so for some reason it made me want to buy it. I might read it at some point, but its more of a mystery book, which I stopped reading some time ago.
Well, that’s part 5….this shelf is kind of boring…… Who has read these? are any of these on your TBRs?
So far, I have read: 101/239 books on my shelves.
For this shelf, my favorite has been: The Historian
For this shelf, my least favorite has been: Fifty Shades Freed
For this shelf, my most anticipated is: Probably RoseBlood! or Warrior Witch so I can see how the trilogy ends.
And thhhhhhat, it Shelf 6, finally! annnnnd its just after 2am, so I am totally going to bed now! Tell me if you’ve read any of these in the comments below! I’d love to compare note.